Blaze Your Own Trail
with an Apprenticeship at UHNM
An apprenticeship is a fantastic way to develop your skills, knowledge and expertise for your current and future roles. Gain a recognised qualification while you work through a combination of on-the-job training and study. Anyone of any age can start an apprenticeship – from Level 2 to Degree and Masters Level. There is a wide range of existing staff and new starter* Apprenticeships are available.
- You'll gain an Apprenticeship-standard qualification (and other relevant qualifications depending on the Standard)
- One year to five year duration, depending on the level you study
- Existing staff are fully-funded and stay at their current pay band
- New recruits will benefit from a fixed-term contract
- Up-skill staff to develop existing future skills requirements
- Improves quality of patient care and services
- Increases employee retention, less staff turnover
- Defined career pathway progression
- Improved workforce planning and design to help meet the needs of ever-changing services
As an Apprentice there is a requirement to have 20% ‘off-the-job training’ however almost any new learning that maps to the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for the Apprenticeship standard can count towards this. All learning activities are built in to your working week. Your assessor, line manager and the LEWP team are here to support you and help you achieve.
Almost anything! There is a wide variety of clinical and con-clinical apprenticeships to choose from and we have a number of existing learning providers to choose from.
Click the button below to see what is available
You need to bring your energy, commitment and the desire to learn and be ready to succeed in your chosen area.
If you don’t currently hold at least a grade C/4 in in GSCE English and maths, you will need to also achieve Level 2 Functional Skills either before or alongside your apprenticeship.
Find out more
All fired up?
- Job title
- Best time to contact