Therapies at UHNM
The Therapies team is made up of the Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy departments.
Occupational Therapy involves helping patients to develop, recover, or maintain their daily living and work skills, providing equipment and facilitating support for patients upon their discharge. Physiotherapy aims to improve or maintain a patient's mobility and quality of life through rehabilitation, respiratory care, advice and education within a range of different conditions.
- Monday - Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
- Respiratory late shift: Monday - Friday 1.30pm - 9.30pm
- Musculoskeletal late shift Monday - Friday: until 6.00pm
- There is also an emergency on call Respiratory service which runs seven days a week (including Bank Holiday): 9.30pm - 8.30am
- Respiratory: 8.30am - 9.30pm
- Orthopaedic: Saturday: 8.30am - 3.15pm, Sunday: 8.30am - 12.45pm
- Mobility (including surgical/medical/frail elderly and emergency portals: 8.30am-8.00pm