ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat)
ENT stands for Ear, Nose and Throat. It describes the department which specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of ear, nose, throat, and head and neck disorders. University Hospitals treats local patients and patients from a wider area, including Shropshire and Derbyshire.
Although all the ENT consultants at University Hospitals are trained surgeons who can perform a wide range of operations, they also offer non-surgical treatments for conditions such as allergic rhinitis (allergy of the nose) and balance disorders.
Services we provide
- A comprehensive service for both adults and children, which includes both planned and emergency treatment.
- Rhinology (disorders of the nose). A full range of surgical procedures including endoscopic sinus surgery and facial plastic surgery.
- Otology (disorders of the ear). A comprehensive Otology service offering surgical and medical treatments. This includes a specialist BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid) programme.
- Paediatric ENT (disorders in children). The ENT team are fully trained in diagnosing and treating childhood ENT conditions.
- Pituitary tumour surgery. This includes the provision of endoscopic surgery, a highly specialised procedure which is minimally invasive. This service is provided by very few other centres, and we receive referrals countrywide. (Minimally invasive surgery involves procedures performed by entering the skin through small incisions or a body cavity with the aims of causing the least possible damage to structures while achieving the same result as if performed by open surgery).
Royal Stoke University Hospital
Outpatients Appointments Line 01782 676676
Switchboard 01782 715 444
ENT Surgery is located on Ward 7, First Floor.
Contact Information: 01785 230081
Visiting Times & Restrictions: 3pm-5pm and 6.30pm-8pm
Dr Raghava Reddy and Dr Mahesh Sathiavageeswaran provide the ENT service at County Hospital. They are both specialists in diabetes and endocrinology.
They provide clinics at County Hospital and Royal Stoke. They treat all endocrine-related problems, including diabetes and obesity.
Referrals can be made in writing to the ENT department at County Hospital.