About the service
We are a therapy led service providing stroke assessment and rehabilitation within the communities of Eastern Cheshire. This includes the towns and surrounding areas of Macclesfield, Congleton, Holmes Chapel, Knutsford, Wilmslow and Poynton.
Our team comprises of:
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech and language therapists
- Therapy technicians
- Clinical Psychologist
We aim to speed up the discharge of stroke patients from hospital by continuing their rehabilitation in their home or other community setting as needed, providing the same level of rehabilitation in the community as that provided on an inpatient Stroke Unit following the national stroke guidelines.
Aims of our service and what we will provide:
- Ensure and support timely discharge from the acute (hospital based) services
- To provide support and advice for patients, their families and carers.
- To enhance your recovery so as to help you get back to living as you were before you had a stroke
- To support you to safely return to work where applicable
- To identify your specific, realistic goals for you to achieve within a set time period.
- To set up an appropriate treatment programme based on your specific needs when home
- Assess and treat stroke patients admitted to intermediate and community care beds
This team is part of the Greater Manchester Neuro-rehabilitation and Integrated Stroke Delivery Network (GMNISDN) that supports the development of high quality and equitable stroke services in Greater Manchester, including Eastern Cheshire, and aims to achieve the best outcomes and experience for the patients