CoVaR-MS Study - Have you had a full course of Covid-19 vaccinations?
Have you had a full course of Covid-19 vaccinations?
Would you like to take part in an immune-response study?
We are looking to recruit 240 people to take part in this study, who fall into these two groups:
- Study Group – 210 people who have a multiple sclerosis (MS), on and off treatment
- Control Group – 30 people who do not have MS or an immune condition
Why are we doing the study?
- Covid-19 vaccines are approved for use in people with MS, but no studies have been done to assess what immune response they will have after Covid-19 vaccinations
- This study will look into the immune response in people after having a full course of Covid-19 vaccinations and will compare it between people with MS with those who do not have MS or an immune condition
What would be involved?
- You will be invited to a screening appointment at Royal Stoke Hospital to see if you are eligible to take part
- If you are eligible, we will collect some baseline data (including medical history) and you will have some blood tests
- Approximately 6 months later you will be asked to come back to Royal Stoke Hospital for some more blood tests
This study does not provide you with Covid-19 vaccination.
If you think you might be suitable for this study or would like more information (a full information sheet), please contact the study team on: 01782 672781/ firstname.lastname@example.org