Royal Stoke University Hospital
Visiting times vary across Royal Stoke University Hospital, please contact the department you wish to visit before attending to confirm visiting times. Call the switchboard on 01782 715444.
- Ward 1 - 2pm – 5pm & 6pm – 7pm
- Ward 7 - 6pm-7pm
- Ward 8 (Respiratory) – 3pm – 4.30pm & 6 – 8pm
- Ward 15 (Elderly Care) – 11am – 7pm
- Acute Medical Unit – 3pm – 5pm & 6 – 8pm
- Clinical Decisions Unit – 3pm – 5pm & 6.30pm – 8pm
- Stroke / Neurological Unit – 11am – 8pm (protected meal times)
- High Dependency Unit – 11am onwards (protected meal times)
- Elective Orthopaedics – 2pm – 4pm & 6pm – 7.30 pm
- Free Standing Birthing Unit – Open visiting
University Hospitals has standard visiting times for most wards. However, where it is considered to be in the patient's best interests and it is not detrimental to others, special permission may be granted to visit outside of the standard visiting times. This special permission will be recorded by the nursing team in the patient's care plan.
We allow a maximum of two visitors per patient, per bedside, unless special permission has been granted for more visitors. We would request that visitors adhere to this rule, as the restriction is in the best interests of patients, visitors and staff.
With the exception of the Maternity Centre, limitations on visiting by children under the age of 12 are sometimes set by wards. Please check the arrangements with the ward you are going to before you pay your visit.
Visitors may be asked to leave the area when it is considered necessary to protect the privacy and dignity of patients.
Visitors are politely requested not to eat or drink their own food on the ward. Please ask the nurse in charge before bringing food and drink in for the patient. Please do not visit during protected mealtimes, unless permission has been received from the nurse in charge.