Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The NHS strives to reflect the many different communities it serves. There is no place for discrimination in the NHS on the grounds of ethnicity, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion/belief, age, working patterns and marital status. Positive efforts are made to recruit staff from the many diverse sections of society and to ensure that all staff are treated fairly.
Here at UHNM we are committed to creating a fair and diverse workforce. We have three well established Staff Networks, LGBT+, Disability and Long Term Conditions and the ethnic diversity Network. Our staff networks actively engage and contribute towards ensuring equality, acceptance and inclusion within the Trust.
The aim of the network is to:
- Promote the interests of underrepresented groups at UHNM
- Provide mutual peer support, encouragement, mentoring and coaching to staff
- Provide a place for staff to come together to share experiences and raise issues in a safe and confidential environment
- Identify good practice and initiatives to promote and share
- Improve staff experience by contributing to policy development through consultation on new and revised Trust Policies
- Provide a place that gives staff an opportunity to network, organise events and socialise
- Challenge discrimination and positively promote equality and inclusion
By joining the network you will be given an opportunity to make a real difference and:
- Play an important role in helping to improve your workplace and raise awareness
- By being visible you will be able to support your colleagues
- Help the organisation to understand specific issues and what we need to do to address them
- Ensure your voice is heard
- Have an opportunity to network
Membership of our networks are open to all, you don’t have to be LGBT, Disabled or of an Ethnic minority, you can join as an ally, as long as you have the passion to create change and to influence behaviours.
For more information you can visit the Staff Networks pages located on the Trust intranet. My UHNM>My Staff Experience>Staff Networks