Our Communications Department handles all media enquiries relating to the hospital, its staff, patients and their families. Please contact us directly with any queries or requests. All media must be accompanied by a member of the Communications team whilst on the hospital site, so please do speak to us in advance to make sure we're available.
During normal office hours (Mon-Fri 9am until 5pm), all media enquiries should be directed to the Press Office on 01782 676647 or 01782 676646. Alternatively the communications team can be contacted by email:
We're sorry, but we don't take sales calls.
Naomi Duggan - Director of Communications
Jessie Dickson - Head of Communications
Thomas Harrison - Communications and Digital Specialist
Rachel Harrop - Website and Communications Officer
Our Media Service
The Trust recognises that working with the media is an essential element of what we do. By ensuring the delivery of an efficient and effective response we can avoid misleading information, whilst safeguarding the interests of all of our patients. We will respond positively to all reasonable media requests and will:
- Act as a principal point of contact for all media activity
- Respond quickly to requests for information or comment
- Identify appropriately qualified and trained spokespeople to speak on behalf of University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust
- Obtain patient and staff consent before releasing any information to the media except where a patient or former patient, or those acting on his or her behalf, has already invited the media to report on his or her treatment
- Where the resulting media coverage contains inaccuracies or unfair criticism, University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust may comment in public, using factual information to correct misleading reporting
- Encourage staff to co-operate with media requests where practicable whilst respecting their right to refuse to participate in filming or interviews
- Encourage all staff to inform the Trust of any incident or forthcoming event which may lead to positive or adverse media coverage
- Treat all media requests on their merits and without favour rebut inaccurate, unbalanced and unfair media coverage.
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust reserves the right to decline media requests where these conflict with operational requirements or patient or staff confidentiality. Information will not be issued to the media about any staff member or any patient without the consent, usually written, of the individual concerned.
If an adult patient is incapable of giving informed consent (as judged by the clinical team) it may nevertheless be in his or her best interest for basic information to be released - for instance to correct misleading speculation. In such cases the decision to pass on information will take account of the view of any next of kin, or failing that, carers or relatives with whom they are in contact. In the case of a child, a parent or guardian must give consent.
We will not divulge information about a patient unless we have permission from the patient or his or her next of kin. Requests to interview or photograph patients must be made through the Trust.
Condition checks will only be given out if you have at least the name, date of birth and address of the patient concerned and in cases where names have been officially released (e.g. by the Police). The Trust's Communications Team reserves the right to decline comment on any condition check if we so wish in respect of patient confidentiality.
Consultant Directory - Copyright notice
Please note, copyright of all of the images of consultants in the Trust's consultant directory are owned by or licensed to University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust unless otherwise noted. You may not imprint, copy, download or temporarily store extracts from our consultant directory for any use. The terms and conditions are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of the above jurisdiction will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any dispute, which may arise.
Out-of-hours and weekends
Outside office hours URGENT enquiries only should be directed to the hospital switchboard on 01782 715444. For non urgent enquiries please contact the Communications Team during office hours, or email a member of the Communications Team.
Filming or Photography Requests
The Trust receives frequent requests for documentary and location filming. All requests will be considered and accommodated where possible or appropriate. Requests should be emailed to email@example.com, however requests to film in our Accident and Emergency department are not normally agreed. There is no charge for filming a news or health promotion piece within our hospitals. Please contact the Communications Team for details of our facility charges.