The UHNM Pharmacy is a forward-thinking, multi-disciplinary and fast growing department whose role is to support the safe and effective use of medicines for all our patients. We play a crucial role in maintaining patient flow, contributing proactively to a positive patient journey that enables enhanced recovery and safe, timely discharge.
Our Pharmacy department consists of five core services:
- Patient Services & Distribution
- Clinical Services
- Clinical Information & Procurement
- Technical Services & Clinical Trials, and
- Governance, Medicines Safety & Medicines Information
We employ over 220 staff, including Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacy Assistants, Pharmacy Project Nurses and Clerical staff, all of whom play a vital role in providing medication and advice to our patients.
The UHNM Pharmacy service is a large department that operates over two sites – the Royal Stoke University Hospital in Stoke-on-Trent and the County Hospital in Stafford.
Our new, modern purpose-built department at the Royal Stoke site has a state-of-the-art robotic dispensing system and a licensed aseptic manufacturing unit which produces highly specialised medicines including cytotoxic infusions and parenteral nutrition feeds.
Videos of UHNM Pharmacy
To find out more about our Pharmacy department and what it's like to work here, please take a look at the following videos:
If you're interested in working for UHNM Pharmacy, we'd love to hear from you – whether you're looking for permanent or bank work.
Please get in touch for an informal chat or to find out more about our current vacancies:
Our current vacancies can be viewed here.
Why Work For Us?
Our goal at the UHNM is to be a world-class centre of clinical and academic achievement, where staff work together to ensure patients receive the highest standards of care and the best people want to come to learn, work and research. We know that our people are key to our success and we are committed to recruiting and developing brilliant people who are able to deliver exceptional levels of care and the best possible outcome for our patients.
By joining our Pharmacy department, you could benefit from:
- Continued Professional Development – we are committed to and supportive of the on-going development and progression of our Pharmacy staff. As part of a large acute Trust, UHNM Pharmacy delivers a comprehensive range of pharmacy services that enables diversity and breadth of practice, with opportunities to use existing skills and develop new skills.
- Multi-disciplinary team - our Pharmacy department consists of five core services: Patient Services & Distribution, Clinical Services, Clinical Information & Procurement, Technical Services & Clinical Trials, and Governance, Medicines Safety & Medicines Information. We employ over 220 staff, including Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacy Assistants, Pharmacy Project Nurses and Administration staff.
- Supportive Team – we encourage a positive and friendly culture of teamwork and support for colleagues at all levels.
- Modern facilities and new technologies – our new, modern purpose-built department at the Royal Stoke site has a state-of-the-art robotic dispensing system and a licensed aseptic manufacturing unit which produces highly specialised medicines including cytotoxic infusions and parenteral nutrition feeds.
- Location – Our two sites are located centrally between Birmingham and Manchester with good access by road and rail from Staffordshire and surrounding areas.