Welcome to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service, or 'PALS' for short. At University Hospitals, we aim to provide patients with the best possible care and environment during their hospital stay. PALS was introduced to assist and support patients throughout their care. PALS is an impartial, welcoming, open and confidential service for people who would like information or advice, or would like to comment about any aspect of the services provided by University Hospitals. We can:
- Provide the opportunity for patients, relatives and carers to raise, in confidence, any problems concerns or comments they may have about the care and service they receive from staff.
- Provide patient feedback forms for patients to comment on services provided.
- Make ward or home visits if necessary.
- Provide information on how to view or receive copies of your Health Record.
- Provide you with information and refer you to independent or specialist advocacy services.
- Try to resolve any concerns that you may have; if the PALS officers cannot sort the problem out, they will try to find someone who can.
- Give information about the Trust's complaints procedure and help to find support.
- Provide a welcoming environment for you to discuss your concerns or make a suggestion or comment.
- Treat your information in strict confidence and only pass to others with your direct consent.
- Return your call as soon as possible if we cannot speak to you personally when you telephone.
- Collect patient comments from feedback boxes weekly, and acknowledge comments within two working days of receiving them if a name and telephone number is provided.
- Acknowledge any email received as soon as possible.
- Seek your permission if issues need to be taken forward.
Where are we?
The PALS office is situated inside Royal Stoke University Hospital's Main Building, to the right of reception in the main entrance. The office is open 9.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday (not including bank holidays).
The PALS office at County Hospital is located in the main entrance, to the right before the main reception desk. Opening hours are Monday to Friday (not including bank holidays) 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Telephone: 01782 676450 or 01782 676455 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If the PALS officers are not available personally when you call, there is a 24-hour answerphone where you can leave a private message. We will normally call you back the same or next working day. If, after talking to PALS, you are not satisfied and wish to pursue a complaint, please contact the complaints department by emailng email@example.com. Click here to learn more about making complaints.
Freephone number from
landlines 08000 40 70 60. There is an answer machine service available, we aim to call you back the same or next working day. If you prefer you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you hard of hearing?
You can text PALS on