Haemophilia is a blood disorder in which an essential clotting factor is either partly or completely missing. This causes a person with haemophilia to bleed for longer than normal. Clinics are held every Tuesday morning in the Central Outpatients department of Royal Stoke University Hospital. The paediatric clinic is held on the first Thursday of every month.
Haemophilia at University Hospitals
Out of hours emergency number: Tel 01782 672 201
Clinical Nurse Specialist
The Clinical Nurse Specialist for Haemophilia is Claire Forrester. Claire's role is to provide a listening ear and constant support to you as you progress through your care pathway. She will walk you through each step of your journey, and is dedicated to providing a personal service.
Claire is also there to provide you with relevant written information on your condition, to explain your treatment, and to answer any questions you may have. She works in partnership with ward staff to ensure that, where appropriate, referrals to other services are made. Claire also:
- Manages patients' treatment
- Organises home care if and when necessary
- Organises community support if and when necessary
- Privides patients with up to date clinical information
- Provides practical advice and answers to your questions
- Prvides emotional support
You can also discuss a variety of issues (depending on their relevancy to you) including:
- Other Support Services including social services, home and hospice care
- Emotional and Psychological support and counselling
- Symptom Management
- Holiday Travel
Giving you as much or as little help as you require, Claire can offer guidance, patience, support and counselling. Claire has a wealth of experience in dealing with patients on a personal level, and understands that every patient has different needs.
Claire works from 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday, and is available to speak to either by phone or in person on these days. An answer machine service is available for when she is not in. If you leave a message she will return your call as soon as possible.
Contact Information for Claire Forrester
- Direct Telephone: 01782 672 578 (answer machine service available for when Claire is out of the office)
- Pager Number (Via Hospital Switchboard): 01782 715 444