Gastroenterology is the specialty which deals with diseases affecting the gastrointestinal tract, which includes the organs from mouth to anus. At University Hospitals of North Midlands we:
- Carry out over 8,000 investigations per year.
- Use highly specialised investigative methods such as Endoscopy and Ultrasound in the treatment of our patients.
- Have a Screening Centre for Bowel Cancer, and treat Hepatitis C in our Viral Hepatitis Clinics.
- Operate a nutrition service for patients who have nutritional problems or trouble with digestion.
- Are a Regional Centre for Upper GI (Upper Gastrointestinal) and Hepatobiliary Cancer.
- Are a specialised centre for liver disease.
- Are accredited by the Joint Advisory Committee.
The address is
Royal Stoke University Hospital
The contact telephone number for ward 230 is 01782 676230.