Alternatives to A&E
This is the best choice to treat very minor illnesses, ailments and injuries. A range of common illnesses and complaints can be treated with a well-stocked medicine cabinet and plenty of rest.
This service has been introduced to make it easier for you to access local NHS healthcare services in England. NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help, whatever the time. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free.
You can speak to any pharmacist for advice on how to treat lots of minor injuries and common complaints such as coughs, colds, bites, stings, aches and pains.
For medical advice or for illnesses you can't shake off. You should be able to get an appointment with your surgery within 24 hours, Monday to Friday. If your doctors are closed call your doctor's surgery and you will be transferred to the GP out of Hours Service
Walk-in centres can be used to treat minor injuries and ailments. The nearest walk-in centres are:
- Haywood Walk-In Centre: Open 7am-10pm Monday to Friday & 9am-10pm weekends and bank holidays. Tel: 01782 673500.
- Leek Moorlands Hospital: Open between 8am and 8pm daily. Tel: 0300 123 1894
- Cannock Chase Hospital: Open 8am until midnight, 7 days a week. Tel: 01543 572757,
- Sir Robert Peel Community Hospital: Open from 8am until 10pm daily. Tel: 01827 263800
- Samuel Johnson Community Hospital: Open from 8am until 9pm daily. Tel: 01543 412900